Our certification with the Living in Place Institute allows us to guide you through the Home Accessibility and Safety Assessment Checklist, a valuable home inspection-like tool for evaluating you or your loved one’s home accessibility and safety.
Home Accessibility and Safety Assessment Checklist service details may include but are not limited to:
- HASAC is a specialty home assessment designed to evaluate the current safety and accessibility of a home and to assist a builder, landlord, home seller, homebuyer, homeowner, or caregiver in prioritizing modifications as needed.
- Individuals and families often use this service following a change in accessibility and safety needs due to a medical condition or prior to purchasing a new home when accessibility and safety is important for someone who’ll be living in the home.
- The Home Accessibility and Safety Assessment Checklist (HASAC) is a tool we use as designers, and the recommendations are not intended to be medical advice or diagnosis. When the assessment is for a specific individual, it is strongly encouraged, and at times required, that their Occupational Therapist be present to work with us in personalizing the recommendations according to the specific needs of any diagnosis that the OT is trained to provide care in.
- How long the assessment will take can vary, but averages 60-90 minutes.
- Under this service, we’ll assess the home from top to bottom and capture everything in a report similar to a standard home inspection report, complete with pictures of our findings and our specific, actionable recommendations.
- Your full report will be delivered within 1-2 business days of the in- home assessment.
- The fee for this service is $650.