INTERMEDIATE INTERIOR DESIGNER POSITION
- Are you highly organized, creative, with extraordinary attention to detail and able to think fast on your feet?
- Are you tech savvy, extraordinary with drafting software and project management?
- Are you passionate about design and the impact it has on more than just aesthetics?
- Does a fast-paced design studio with high standards of professionalism and excellence excite you?
If your answers are yes, then keep reading!
*** No phone calls or walk-ins to inquire; please follow instructions after reading below. ***
Built on the foundation of integrity and innovation, éLAN Creative is a boutique interior design-build firm based in Northwest Arkansas that specializes in providing high-end design and turnkey construction services from concept to completion for clients across the nation. We design functional solutions to enhance and improve our clients’ quality of life, work, and play at home. With a focus on creating and building innovative atmospheres that inspire creativity, promote well-being, and improve productivity, our designs allow our clients not only to live better, but to truly thrive.
We are looking for a dynamic, fast paced, detail oriented, interior designer who is seeking stability and a long term position to join our team. We offer a growth focused environment where you will be challenged, mentored, learn new skills, and gain real-world experience in interior design. This position offers an incredible opportunity for an individual to truly grow within an established and well-respected design firm to a senior position based on performance and capabilities. An Intermediate Designer role at our firm requires experience, knowledge and imaginative capacity in both creating and managing very specialized work. This is a unique position, working in support of the Principal and/or Lead Designer, developing and executing designs with intense and direct involvement with our discerning residential and commercial clients.
- Minimum of 4 years verifiable experience in the Interior Design Industry directly with clients is required.
- Minimum of 2 years should include experience in renovation, construction, project management to completion.
- Minimum of 2 years experience & proficiency in computerized modeling / drafting software: SketchUp (preferred), CAD, Revit, etc.
- Industry recognized education/background in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture is required; with a Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Interior Design / Architecture / Construction being preferred.
- Must be proficient in other office software such as Word / Docs, Excel / Sheets, Powerpoint / Slides, etc. and have experience with Adobe programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and Lightroom
- Possess a polished, poised and professional mindset and manner
- Ability to manage multiple projects / tasks autonomously with appropriate prioritization of work flow, and meet time sensitive deadlines
- High level client relations / customer service experience
- Proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communications skills
- Must be a fast learner with the ability to observe and think on their feet
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Self-starter with the ability to work productively and collaboratively in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Ability to adapt to change and shifting priorities
- Candidate must be physically able to perform various showroom, receiving, installation and/or project requirements such as lifting, standing for long periods, using a ladder, and other physical duties.
- Flexibility in scheduling and availability; willingness to work occasional weekends or odd hours when project deadlines mandate.
- Candidate must have transportation and valid driver’s license
- Exemplify éLAN Creative’s standards for client service & brand integrity
- Produce timely, accurate, highly detailed, high-quality, professional work
- Perform all duties in a manner consistent with policies, procedures, and firm’s values
- Cultivate positive internal and external relationships with employees, customers, and vendors
- Reliable and consistent attendance and punctuality
- In support to the Principal and/or Lead Designer, create forward thinking, creative, unique designs that also exhibit personalized, functional, and productive use of space, scale, and client investment
- Support development of design and technical solutions for projects in all phases from concepts through construction administration
- Research recommend, and track materials, finishes, and furnishings
- Drafting, architectural models, renderings, and drawings
- Execute, track and monitor projects through completion
- Manage calendars and meeting schedules
- Complete ongoing record keeping & project related financial tasks
- Perform daily office duties & general administrative tasks
*Important: Initially this will be a part time position of 20-28 hours per week with immediate plans for it to transition into more hours and higher rate of pay as training can be proven and project load permits. We’re ideally looking for someone who is seeking stability and a long term commitment with a successful and fast-growing company.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS
This will be a multifaceted selection process. In addition to being a skilled designer & highly detailed person, our team requires systems and processes be followed. As an initial demonstration of your level of detail and ability to follow instruction, we ask that you follow the following application steps carefully.
We are looking forward to bringing our new colleague on board as soon as possible, but we will spend the necessary time to find the best fit both in abilities and culture. One thing that will help you stand out and that we would like (but, is optional) is to send a quick video along with your resume and other required documents. (We are not looking for perfection or high production quality but more about personality.) If you decide not to send a video (that’s ok), please tell us why you chose not to send one.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in applying please follow these steps:
- Create a cover letter and video (see above) answering the following questions:
- Tell us how you will fit in THIS job specifically. We know what’s a fit for us and want to know if this is a fit for YOU. We will NOT be calling you to clarify whether or not you’re a fit. SELL US on why we would be lucky to have you on the team.
- Tell us your precise compensation requirements.
- Gather the information for 3 professional references we can contact. People that you have worked for in the past and are familiar with your work. It doesn’t have to be anyone at your current employer if inappropriate.
- References should include: Person’ s name, company, job title, your relationship to them (e.g. supervisor, etc.), approximately when you worked with them, phone number, and email. Letters are not necessary.
- References should be able to be reached within a few days of us receiving your application.
- Prepare a current resume, past work history and experience, education and qualifications. Be sure it is a good example of your communication and presentation skills.
- Compile any portfolio images / drawings / body of work digital files, your ‘personality’ video, the above mentioned cover letter and resume, so that you have them ready to upload.
- Last, click the button below to complete your application and upload the documents / files you’ve compiled in steps 3 & 4.
If you’re selected to proceed to the next step in the interview process, we will schedule a phone interview and discuss next steps.
Thank you for your interest, we can’t wait to meet you!