DESIGN INTERN POSITION
éLAN Creative is looking for a part-time Interior Design Intern to be a key part of our Bentonville, AR studio. Our goal is to fully immerse our interns in the firm by being exposed to all of the behind-the-scenes and foundational aspects that create a successful Interior Design Studio. Our internship is a paid, part-time position with a minimum of 10 hours per week with opportunity for up to 25 or more hours based on our need and your availability. Compensation will be at minimum wage with opportunity for increase and/or even a permanent position dependent on performance and fit with company culture. This role will start with a 30-day trial, to determine competency, attitude, and company fit, with an additional review at 90 days.
If your skills and experience are a match for the position described below, we’d love to hear from you! Follow the instructions at the end of this job description to apply.
*** No phone calls or walk-ins to inquire; please follow instructions after reading below. ***
Built on the foundation of integrity and innovation, éLAN Creative is a boutique interior design-build firm based in Northwest Arkansas that specializes in providing high-end design and turnkey construction services from concept to completion for clients across the nation. We design functional solutions to enhance and improve our clients’ quality of life, work, and play at home. With a focus on creating and building innovative atmospheres that inspire creativity, promote well-being, and improve productivity, our designs allow our clients not only to live better, but to truly thrive.
- Creating and/or maintaining our client project binders, presentation materials, and files
- Helping to maintain our material library, including keeping all materials up to date, organizing or cataloguing newly-received materials, and contacting vendors for new samples or information
- Providing support for designers, including note taking during client meetings, site visits, etc.
- Completing general errands, office tasks, cleaning and organizing
- Liaising with suppliers, vendors, and team members
- Procurement support for furniture and other design product, including sampling and shipment tracking
- Receiving and inspecting product and assisting with filing damage claims with vendors & freight lines, when necessary
- Helping to manage the éLAN Creative social media channels, including creating and scheduling posts for approval and researching directed topics
REQUIREMENTS AND EXPECTATIONS
- Be reliable with consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Be comfortable working in fast-paced, sometimes stressful environment with tasks and priorities that change daily, depending on client projects and team needs.
- Perform all duties in a manner consistent with policies, procedures, and firm’s values
- Have a team-oriented attitude.
- Have a friendly and helpful demeanor with a high focus on customer service.
- Be proactive with work and communication.
- Be open to feedback and be willing to act on that feedback when required.
- Be able to learn and adapt to systems and procedures used within the company.
- Have a high attention to detail.
- Be interested in learning more about residential design, construction design & processes, wellness based design and getting valuable exposure to a smaller, boutique firm as opposed to a large corporate firm.
- Work location and hours: This is an on-site role and individual will work in our studio, located in downtown Bentonville, AR. This role is part time and individual is expected to be able to work the majority of their working hours during our regular studio hours from 10 am to 6 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Physical ability: This role requires individual to be active around the office and in supporting our operations. These expectations include being physically able to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds, sit at a desk or in a meeting for several hours at a time, and walk around our studio and client’s homes and job locations.
- Personal Transportation: This role requires individual to have a reliable vehicle and be willing to drive to run general office errands and support business needs. Mileage will be reimbursed at the standard national mileage rate.
- Listening and Communication Skills: Expected to follow instructions and your ability to understand those instructions with little or no follow up will be required. Excellent listening and communication skills, both orally and written, are a must.
- People/Interpersonal Skills: You must be able to be polished, poised and professional in both mindset and manor with use of utmost discretion.
- Organizational Skills: This internship requires you to have exceptional organizational skills and dedication to responsibilities, prioritization and efficiency.
- Computer Skills: This role requires proficiency in writing emails, transcribing notes, copying, and creating spreadsheets or printing documents. You must be computer savvy with proficiency in both Mac and PC systems, including Word, Excel and Outlook and Google software (docs, sheets, slides, etc.).
- Special consideration will be given to those who are majoring in Interior Design, Architecture or Business Management.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCESS
If you feel like you are a good fit and have the skills and traits necessary to be successful as an intern for us, please fill out the form by clicking on the Design Intern Application button below. We will review all applicants and reach out to those we’d like to interview. Applications officially close March 24 but applications will be reviewed and interviews will be offered on a rolling basis. Please consider applying ASAP for the best opportunity.
If you meet the above qualifications and are interested in applying please follow these steps:
- Prepare a cover letter and a current resume that includes education information, past work history and experience, and any relevant courses. Be sure it is a good example of your communication and presentation skills. We would appreciate if you also submit a video introducing yourself, but this is optional. You’ll be asked to submit these three things near the end of your application.
- Note that if you are selected for a video interview, we will be asking for 3 professional references we can contact.
- Click the button below to complete your application and upload the appropriate documents / files. You must complete the application in one sitting and will not be able to save partial progress.
If you’re selected to proceed to the next step in the interview process, we will schedule a video interview and discuss next steps.
Thank you for your interest. We can’t wait to meet you!